WHERE ARE THE ORIGINAL RECORDS?
Clerk of Courts office
10 East High Street, Room 103
Greene County Courthouse
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania 15370
ABOUT THE RECORDS:
1790 to 1968: The Oyer & Terminer Court was originally formed in 1790 for the purpose of trying capital criminal offenses. In 1968, it was abolished by a new state constitution and absorbed into the Court of Common Pleas, which still exists.
For more about the history and responsibilities of the Oyer & Terminer Court, visit PennsylvaniaResearch.com.