How to Use and Share the Greene Connections Archives
The most important and most courteous thing you can do any time that you access archival records shared by others is to give them credit. Please remember that all parties who have shared photographs, documents, and other ephemera, with Greene Connections have done so without compensation. These contributors and the Greene Connections volunteer team have shared their resources and their time with the expectation of fair and proper use.
Giving credit is easy!
In the Archives section of our project EVERY ITEM now incudes a pre-formatted SOURCE CITATION that you may COPY AND PASTE.
If you want to create your own link back or source citation, here are two simple ways:
- Include a link back to the record. When you are on the web site page displaying the record that interests you, just go to the web site address bar at the top of your browser and copy the address. Paste it with the record anytime that you use and share it. If you have trouble pasting the address, you can include the project website www.GreeneConnections.com instead.
- Create a very basic source citation such as:
- Photo or Document title, item no. , Collection title, shared by Contributors [if different from Collection title], Greene Connections Archives Project (www.GreeneConnections.com).
- EXAMPLE: Sarah (Totton) Closser [1819-1904], item no. CLOW-AN001-0024, Harold T. Closser Collection, shared by William Henry Closser, Greene Connections Archives Project (www.GreeneConnections.com).
- EXAMPLE: Roberts and Gregg family group photograph, item no.
CROU-AN002-0001, Scott and Teresa (Crouse) Roberts Collection, Greene Connections Archives Project (www.GreeneConnections.com).
- You may add more detail to help researchers. The information should be enough to both help someone find the original record if they want to learn more and also give a thank you shout out to the folks who made the record available.
Copyright and Other
Restrictions That Apply to Public Distribution of Images
It is the intention of
the Greene Connections: Greene County, Pennsylvania Archives Project
to meet the level of historical records access demonstrated by such
institutions as the Library of Congress and National Archives.
Our goal is to model the
digital access and free sharing examples set by these institutions.
Likewise, we adhere to their policies of user-responsibility when it comes to Copyright and Other Restrictions That Apply to Public Distribution of Images.
Please see the Library of Congress policies regarding Copyright and Other Restrictions That Apply to Public Distribution of Images and apply them to all records made available through Greene Connections.